Our High School (HS) curriculum is in line with our school’s vision and mission, ensuring that our students become positive, active global citizens. A full description of our HS Program of Studies can be found at the link below.
Please click HERE for a full description of our HS Program of Studies
Advanced Placement Program (AP)
- Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics 1, Physics 2, Environmental Science, English Language, English Literature, World History, U.S. Government & Politics, Comparative Government & Politics, Seminar, U.S. History, AP Computer Science A, and Research.
International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB)
- Economics, Psychology, History, Global Politics, Mathematics SL, Mathematics HL, Math Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Visual Arts, Theater Arts, Film, English Literature, Language & Literature (English, Spanish, Arabic), Language B (French, Spanish and Arabic) Language ab initio (French, Spanish, Arabic).
ASD HS Diploma
- ASD offers a college preparatory program which is aligned with the American Education Reaches Out (AERO) Standards, as well as the Common Core Standards. The program also focuses on inquiry-based learning approach throughout the core subjects; English, Math, Science, Social Studies, World Languages and a wide variety of electives that provide our students with a solid foundation as they prepare for university. ASD promotes the intellectual and personal growth of its students through well-balanced curricular offerings that look to address students passions, as well as challenge their academic development.
Physical Education and Health
Physical Education is an integral part of the development and education of every student. The program seeks to develop and promote a positive attitude about health and fitness through the understanding of the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle. Our primary focus is on lifetime fitness and the development of healthy attitudes and behaviors. To this end, we believe that physical education:
- Takes place through active participation and provides physical, intellectual, emotional and social growth creating a healthy, active lifestyle
- Develops fundamental movement skills, social skills, and fitness skills
- Emphasizes participation and effort in safe and diverse physical activities within a range of learning environments
- Teaches life-long activities and promotes wellness
- Emphasizes the importance of a positive attitude towards regular, daily physical activity
- Develops a sense of social responsibility, displaying positive attitudes and values
Fine and Performing Arts Department
The Fine Arts Program at ASD is fundamental to all students and is intended to establish an aesthetic awareness and appreciation of music, drama, and visual arts. Through the study of fine arts, students will enrich their lives by creating, listening to, and performing in different art fields. As they continue to study and gain experience, each student’s vocabulary, value judgment, perception and critical thinking skills will likewise sharpen. These experiences will encourage the development of self-discipline and instill a desire for lifelong learning. Classes include but are not limited to Drama, IB Drama, Theater, Percussion, Choir, Graphic Design, Ceramics, Drawing, Painting and IB Art.