Guided by ASD’s mission, vision, and five strategies, it is our goal in the Upper Elementary School (UES) to have all students meet and or exceed ASD’s standards and benchmarks in learning. Our curriculum and activities are designed to ensure that students are receiving the precise building blocks that will properly prepare them to move to the next level. A full description of our Elementary School (ES) Program of Studies can be found at the link below.
Please click HERE for a full description of our ES Program of Studies.
- Mathematics, Science, Language Arts (Reading, Writing, Word Study), and Social Studies.
- The primary goal of our program is to enable students to communicate effectively in a new language. Languages being taught include Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), Arabic as a Foreign Language (AFL) and Spanish.
- UES students have two Music classes per week, for a total of 80 minutes. Students are actively involved in singing, playing instruments, moving/dancing, and performing.
- In the UES, students are provided with opportunities to learn a wide variety of artistic techniques and mediums in order to demonstrate their creativity. The Art curriculum is based on the U.S. National Standards for Art Education and covers the early childhood years through High School.
- The ASD Physical Education program follows the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America) standards. At ASD students will develop health related fitness, physical competence, cognitive understanding, and positive attitudes about physical activity so that they can make lifelong wellbeing (physical, social, mental and emotional, spiritual) enhancing decisions. They will derive personal satisfaction from active participation and develop the intrinsic motivation for an active lifestyle. Students will develop social skills and understand social responsibility in a physical activity context.